Tuesday, March 4, 2008

это все

In the great tradition of our blog movie reviews, we shall now give a review of a movie that only half of us have seen. Alas, we have both seen Atonement so we cannot give our review because that would break the great tradition of our blog. The movie we are about to discuss is called Penelope.
I will go first as I have not seen the movie and I will be able to give more honest thoughts if I am not tainted by the one who has experienced it.
Here it is: something happens, James McAvoy, the end.
I second Katie's review.
That is the end of this review.

We need to tell you all something that is terribly wrong with the world€.
Not so much the entire world, just the realm of existence between us two, as roommates.
True, true.
The fact is that we never see each other.
That is pretty much the entirety of the problem, and since there are no solutions that could be the end of what is wrong with the world today.

Now, we move on, another problem we are facing, which many others are also facing, unlike our previous problem, is tax season. We, both of us, must file our taxes and have never done so without the help of our fathers.
Actually, I've never even helped my father.

Me neither.
Yeah, so, we are pretty much screwed.
No more about that. Next. . .


We would also like to assure you that we are not dead. If we start blogging more regularly, then that is a sign that one of us has died. So, cheer up, we are all here, still among the living. Be happy for today, and that is all we have to say about that.

We would like to give thanks to Nicholas Suddarth for his very helpful and knowledgeable answer to our previous question based on vehicular ipod usage.
We have no further questions on this matter.
(We forgive Jill for texting while driving.)

Triumph Update:
-Brett has been doing well going to class every Monday night, but soon he will not do so well, we hear, and that day is sometime between now and the end of the semester. He feels it necessary to skip class to attend his father's marathon running event in Boston. Which we feel is a very honorable reason for not attending class. But Brett has yet to submit a formal written request for this absence, and for this reason, we have decided to allow his skippage, but with a punishment attached to it. What will that punishment be? We are now accepting suggestions. Please, feel free to leave comments about what will happen to Brett.

That is all.





5 comments:

Juliet said...

i'm always for the blenderized happy meal.

jill johnson said...

as for wanting to see a roommate when schedules are busy i suggest the established roommate date night.

as for brett, you could see if he is any use at tax preparation. i also suggest hr block's taxcut program for $30.

or cookies.

Jeremy D. Ford said...

I agree that tax preparation software seems to be the best way to go these days. I wanted to, however, further comment on Jill's final statement.

"or cookies."

It is true that you would likely see more of each other if each of you would occasionally bake cookies for the other one. I know if someone baked cookies for me, I would spend a lot of time with that person. I like cookies.

Also, you could incorporate this cookie-baking business (well, not an actual business...using the term figuratively) into your established roommate date night.

As for Brett's punishment, I do believe I'm with Juliet on this one. I would also accept his having to eat a caramel-coated onion.

papathebald said...

Well, if Brett was also running I would say he should listen to an entire Hillary speech, but since he is NOT running, I think he should listen to an entire McCain speech.

Not that I would want to do either, but it sounds terrible either way, so perhaps he won't be giddy about it and it will be at least nominally irritating to him thus producing a nominal punishment effect.

(I do NOT think Brett would consider a caramel-coated onion as annoying as listening to McCain. Suck off the caramel and toss the onion when they aren't looking.)

Also, I am still available to do both of your taxes for a nominal rate (less than $30 . . . more like . . . a small drink treat . . . or one cookie (I'm not allowed more than one), etc.)

lvelyrita said...

You can Free File. I did it. Here's what the IRS has to say:
http://www.irs.gov/app/freeFile/

Here's H&R Block's TaxCut Free-File website:
http://www.hrblock.com/taxes/partner/index.jsp?otpPartnerId=180

You'll still have to paper work your state return, or pay the $30, but that shouldn't be too hard.

You can do it!