Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I've heard yes and no.

Today, we would like to discuss a comment made about an article in the Kansas City Star discussing the Royals (go here to read the article). We think this baseball fan brings up a very interesting and controversial subject: "is it illegal to drive with an iPod? I've heard yes and no." We would love to hear your comments on this hot topic in baseball.

News Update:
-Katie is looking for a bike at a bike store. (Although, I was scouting out a good bike route, and I found a really good route to get there, except right before 81st and Quivira there is no more sidewalk anymore. Then, I guess I could just cut onto the street and turn left at the stop light, and take a left across the street into the parking lot. Which, I guess is not a big deal, but how fast do you bike on average? I was thinking I could just ride on the sidewalk all the way there. So, now I don't know).
-Steve's hair cutter was in Slovakia, and not in Minnesota.
-The package Katie sent to Josh (her brother, though, you should know this) in the mail was returned to her without being delivered to him. Apparently, in Florida, if you are not on the lease, you may not receive mail. We do not know if this is true. We have our suspicions and Katie is rather annoyed that this happened. I'm so annoyed that this happened.

Past Event:
We did not go to City Market on Saturday because we did not feel like it. We felt like sleeping.

And now to address a bigger issue we have been avoiding: What what will happen to the blog if Katie or Amanda dies?
If we will the blog to each other, even in death it can continue.
Katie, will you will the blog to me?
I will.
I will it to you as well.
We should make vows in case that happens: I vow to always blog on Tuesdays and Thursdays 'till death should take me.
We don't even blog that much and we are both still alive.
But death would spur us on to be better people.
So, what you are saying is that if our readers want more to read, they should hope for one of our deaths?
Exactly.

Coming soon: A new bedtime story by Amanda Johnson and Katherine Schnose, a review of Atonement, and tips on how to not both buy kitchen cleaner and sponges at the store without the other roommate knowing on almost the same day so you now have 2 bottles of kitchen cleaner and twelve sponges and no cottage cheese because that wasn't on the list on the fridge.

6 comments:

Juliet said...

I dunno about the IPOD thing. In some states it's illegal to text while driving.

jill johnson said...

i vote for fewer blogs and the extended lives of katie and amanda.

i think that if one has the ipod hooked up to the car stereo then it is just like listening to the radio and should be legal. however, it is not so good to have headphones b/c then you can't hear the police sirens and you would inhibit the rescue of others, or you won't hear the train whistle and will be squished.

i have texted while driving. i repent of this.

Adam said...

Should these vows be written down? Maybe in stone? Or perhaps plaster, that easier. We could make plaster tablets that hold the decree of Katie and Amanda's blog wills (bwills?) to each other for all eternity (or a month because plaster doesn't last very long). Perhaps something to do at the spontaneous art thing.

Adam said...

Thursday has come and gone and yet there is no blog. Should we assume that Katie has died? I'm also assuming that Amanda has not died because there was a Facebook notification that Amanda was 'writing', but that is yet unconfirmed. Investigations will commence shortly.

Jeremy D. Ford said...

Sometimes I don't comment about what I read in your blog. I wonder if you knew that. Probably not, since most of my comments in any way regarding your blog are made aloud and not officially typed. I thought you might want to know about my humble writing project though (see http://ieromik.blogspot.com), for those times when you get to bored of or exasperated with your own bloggering. Yes Katie, that is a blend of the words blogging and blathering...sort of.

Adam said...

Hmmmm, there haven't been posts for over a week now. Maybe both Amanda and Katie have died? Could it be? ::gasp::

"The Return of the Faucet!"