Monday, February 18, 2008

To the blog

Katie, what would like you like to say to the blog?
To the blog?
I mean, to the readers.
€Martha says, "To the blog, to the pain." Thank you, Martha.

While we are thanking people, we would like to thank all the people who made suggestions for Katie's career. Especially, the ones who think she'd be good at teaching deaf kids to run and Helen Keller to jump rope (jobcombobulator sounds promising).
Katie, are you now considering all of these options?
Yes.


Triumph Updates:
Things are going well in the triumph point department.
Ongoing Triumphs-
-We hope Brett went to class tonight.
-Amanda has yet to begin going to Royals games, but Royals games have yet to begin for Amanda to go to, so, as far that point goes, we shall just have to wait.
-One question for Timothy, though, would 6 months of 5 days a week blog entries actually be 120 posts, instead of 80? That would make him almost 1/3 of the way through, now, which is deserving of a round of applause and the announcement of "credit where credit is due". So, if you please, wherever you are, take a moment, and give out some credit.
New Triumph-
-Katie and Jeremy are going to compete to see who can finish a crossword puzzle book first. They each have their own copy and will begin near the first of March.

Upcoming events(s):
-It is time for warmer weather.
-We will be going to City Market on Saturday, February 23 , if we feel like it. And depending on the weather. You should come, too.

Investigative Journalism:
We have found a light bulb attached to a string in our utility closet. (It is a sight to behold--my, oh, my.) This would have been helpful on that long ago morning when the power went out while someone was using her hair dryer and space heater at the same time, and needed to find the switch
in a very dark utility closet to turn the lights back on in the bathroom and a bedroom.

A word about Becoming Jane:
Don't.

My review about it will be the same as your review of The Squid and the Whale.


And now, a thought of the day from Katie (different from Katie's Corner in the way that right now Amanda is typing what Katie is saying, as opposed to Amanda giving up control and letting Katie have a turn for a minute):
Maybe, when it comes springtime, I will get a bike, and bike to work. But, I don't know, can you bike on the sidewalk, or do you have to bike on the road?
I think on the road.
I thought if I could go on the sidewalk, I could find a quicker, short cut way to work.
I do not know the legal laws of bicycling.
'Cause I could be outside and it would be nice weather, and I could save some gas.
I also do not know if my work has a bike rack. I'm just weighing the pros and cons of biking, here. It would take me considerable more time than driving. Though, if I was on the road, I could go as fast as a car.
You are a very fast biker.
Though, I've never biked in the street before.
I think this is a good idea overall. I give it a rating of 'good idea' on a scale of 1-5. Please, feel free to rate Katie's Biking Idea in the posting area. We are eager to see if she has support in this endeavor.
Although, my ideal way to bike to work would be on a motorcycle.
You can't have eaten your cake and wish you still had it, too.


8 comments:

Adam said...

Technically, you're supposed to bike on the road, but I don't always and it's not a law that is enforced. So, biking on the sidewalk is ok as long as you don't run over pedestrians.

papathebald said...

technically it is a good idea.

more and more 'bike' or 'no bike' (the ol' red circle with a single red slash) markings are found on roads, sidewalks and bike paths.

Where there is no official marking, to road or not to road (to sidewalk as it were), is at your discretion (always look for official markings springing up at unusual places). the general rule is the quieter the street (in size and traffic volume), the better biking on the road is. (examples: parks, parking lots, side streets) The busier the street, the better biking on the sidewalk or walking your bike on the sidewalk (if there is equally heavy pedestrian traffic)(examples: The Santa Fe Bridge over I-35 in Olathe, Santa Fe in Olathe, Mur-Len in Olathe).

Brett said...

Can I get in on the crossword challenge? I rate it a 4.

Juliet said...

Biking is a great idea. Ride on the sidewalk, find shortcuts and ignore anyone who tells you to only ride on the street.

Timothy said...

Mmm . . . credit.

Brett said...

way to use the correct phrase about cake at the end too.

jill johnson said...

i like the cake wisdom at the end also.

i am afraid of bike riding on the street.

Jake said...

What is the blog going to do if Katie is dead?